Support Journalism In Your Community
As one of the oldest weeklies in the country, we have survived. Times change, and we’ve changed with the times. The Lakeville Journal is now a non-profit institution, one of the first weekly newspapers in the country to make the transition.
As we continue into our 126th year of publication and beyond, we are:
• Preserving the tradition of grass-roots reporting on the people and events involved in local organizations vital to town life.
• Hiring more reporters. With new support the Journal can bring in reporters to cover important regional issues like Covid, drug abuse, Sharon Hospital, and climate.
• Digging deeper into local issues, good news or bad. Take a closer look at the local controversies and the colorful characters involved in them in town government.
• Expanding digital presentation of local news reporting.
• Advocating for full broadband access, to achieve optimal access to news and information for all.
Thank you for your continued support.
The Lakeville Journal
Any contributions made to The Lakeville Journal Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization, will be tax deductible according to the law.
To donate by check, please mail to The Lakeville Journal Foundation, PO Box 1688, Lakeville, CT 06039.
To subscribe to The Lakeville Journal or The Millerton News click here.
Other Ways To Contribute
Non-Cash Gift: Please consider a gift from an IRA, a Donor Advised Fund or a stock transfer.
Create a Legacy: Giving a gift to The Lakeville Journal Foundation through estate planning combines your legacy with ours.
View our Gift Acceptance and other policies at /policies